Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

who are we?

If you ask me what I am,
I’ll say African American according to my skin tone,
Native American if you look at my cheek bone,
Japanese when it comes to my reading,
International when it comes to my eating.
What you see is what you get,
If you don’t get what you see,
Good sir my only suggestion is to stop looking at me,
No call to fame, red carpet, or stars
I’ll stick to what I know that’s singing and spitting bars.
The lion that walks quietly is the one that eats meat.
That means if all you do is run your mouth you’ll never defeat me.
But let me turn it around what, no who are you?
What will your legacy be?
Will you discover the immensity of space or the depths of the sea?
Will you ponder the great mysteries of life?
Or is your only concern the next conquest in the night?
So many questions and possibilities to consider, but our lives are finite.
The only option is to use your time right.     

No comments:

Post a Comment